Regional Focus: CANSO/ACI Asia-Pacific ATFM/A-CDM integration
There is much to be gained from Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) and Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) implementation, including improved flight predictability, enhanced safety, capacity and efficiency, and the environmental and cost benefits of reduced flight delays and fuel use.
However, it is also timely to consider the harmonisation and integration of ATFM and A-CDM to optimise the entire flight process from gate to gate.
Integration between ATFM and A-CDM maximises their benefits. And as the aviation industry recovers and air traffic returns, both will be key to a smooth restart of ATM operations in the air and on the ground.
As part of our industry’s effort to support the promotion and implementation of ATFM and A-CDM in the Asia Pacific Region, CANSO and ACI Asia-Pacific held a virtual workshop to discuss the benefits of ATFM and A-CDM integration.
Download the slides, watch the presentations and read the Q&A
The workshop aimed to familiarise ANSPs and airports in the region with the ICAO APAC implementation framework for A-CDM and cross-border ATFM, and to promote the concept and benefits of ATFM/A-CDM integration. It also shared experiences, best practices and implementation challenges from airport and ANSP perspectives.
- Summary of ATFM basics
- ICAO APAC ATFM implementation
- Airlines and ATFM
- ATFM in practice: AMNAC case study
- Summary of A-CDM basics
- ICAO APAC A-CDM implementation
- Airports and A-CDM
- Airlines and A-CDM
- Case studies by airports
- CANSO Guide on ATFM/A-CDM integration
- Airport, Airlines, and ANSP perspectives
- Implementation challenges
- Mr. Sugoon Fucharoen, CANSO ATFM/A-CDM Workgroup Co-Chair, AEROTHAI, Workshop Co-Moderator
- Mr. SL Wong, Head of Technical Affairs, Safety, Capacity and ATM, ACI Asia-Pacific, Workshop Co-Moderator
- Mr. Stuart Ratcliffe, CANSO ATFM/A-CDM Workgroup Co-Chair, Metron Aviation
- Mr. Fredrik Lindblom, CANSO ATFM/A-CDM Workgroup Co-Chair, Saab ATM
- Mr. Simon Cheoh, Senior ATC Manager (ATM Development), CAAS
- Mr. Herman Chung, Deputy General Manager, Airport Authority Hong Kong
- Mr. Satya Subramaniam, Deputy General Manager – Aviation Safety, Bangalore International Airport
- Mr. Shane Sumner, Regional Officer (ATM), ICAO APAC Office
- Mr. Punya Shakya, Regional Officer (AGA), ICAO APAC Office
- Mr. John Moore, Asst Director Safety & Flight Ops, IATA APAC